So, you want to create an EPIC marketing video for your business?! That’s GREAT news because, by now, just about every man and their dog knows: Video is KING when it comes to marketing. A well-crafted video marketing strategy can captivate viewers, convey powerful messages, and drive conversions. In this article, we will delve into the essential steps to create a killer video marketing strategy that will set your business apart from the competition.
Let’s run over some stats:
- 86% of business use video as a marketing tool
- 72% of customers prefer video watching as a way to learn about a product or service
- Retention of information goes up 85% when watching a video compared to reading it in text
You know the drill: drive more opportunity, more leads and more sales. But, in order to get so many leads and sales that they’re coming out of your ears, you need some AMAZING video content. So let’s get started!
Set realistic goals but shoot for the stars!
Decide what matters most and make sure that you’re clear on where you’re setting your sights:
- a certain number of enquiries?
- product sales?
- brand awareness?
Your goals need to reflect what you can realistically achieve combined with your dreams of becoming a “viral phenomenon”
Understand your audience
Now that you know what you want, you can just go out and get it right? Wrong. You need to understand your audience. Not just for your video marketing strategy, but for the entire future of your business! So get your ducks in a row and take a really good look at who your audience is and what it is that they want.
- Who are they?
- What do they want?
- What can your product or service offer them, that they need?
- What’s stopping them from purchasing your product/service?
- What are their pain points?
If you understand your audience, you will know exactly who you’re speaking to and you can tailor your messaging so that it resonates with them.
WHERE is your audience?
Are they on a specific social media platform? Multiple? Think about what spaces they occupy and how they might go about searching for a business like yours. This will tell you where you need to look at distributing your marketing video. The more channels the better!
Food for thought
Targeting works differently on each platform. For example, Facebook targeting is primarily interest and demographics-based, whereas LinkedIn allows you to be specific, targeting skills, job titles and business size.
Select the type of video you want to create
Video is basically the most powerful marketing tool out there no matter the message you’re trying to convey and there are multiple types of video styles to try!
- Longer & More educational Content
- Explainer videos
- How a product works and why it’s better than the competition
- Explainer videos
- Short From Videos
- Real feedback from real people about your business
If you know the type of video you’re wanting to create, it can be useful to think about the different mediums you want to try.
- Animated Videos
- a great way to explain complex ideas (think TEDtalks)
- Live Action
- add the human element
Food for thought
Social media channels play a huge part in the types of video you create, too.
- Instagram can serve on short form videos like testimonials
- YouTube fosters longer and more educational content
- Facebook does a fantastic job pushing brand lead videos
Video Production Timeline
Depending on the type of video you want to create, your video production timeline might look a little different. but here’s an idea of how our team at SBIM does it (and we’re happy to do it for you too)
- Step 1: Video Brief
- Step 2: Script Writing
- Step 3: Storyboard Development
- Step 4: Video Shoot Preparation
- Step 5: Video Shoot (on location)
- Step 4: Video Editing
- Step 5: Post Production
- Step 4: Video Delivery
Of course, this process is checkered with all the absolutely necessary approvals and sign-offs required to ensure your complete happiness with your video.
Define your Message
No matter which type, style or medium you choose to go with, one of the most important parts of any marketing strategy is making sure your message is clear, concise, and defined. Without a strong message, your video may come across as ambiguous or confusing to viewers.
Stick to one main message per video, especially if you’re creating an explainer video. Remember: It’s an explainer video, not an explain everything video!
Food for thought
- What emotions do you want to evoke?
- Does your messaging make your audience feel these emotions?
- Does your message align with your brand’s mission?
- Will your audience be confident to purchase your brand?
Search Engine Optimisation Strategy
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is a crucial component of any successful video marketing strategy. It involves optimising your website and online content to improve its visibility and ranking in search engine results.
Did you know
- Websites that use video content are more likely to rank at the top of Google search results. People actually spend double the amount of time on a webpage that has video content than one that doesn’t.
By implementing effective SEO techniques, you can attract organic traffic, increase brand exposure, and drive valuable leads to your website. Check out our 5 key aspects of Video SEO that can help you achieve higher search engine rankings and reach your target audience effectively.
Now that you know what you want for your business, it’s time to shoot your EPIC video content and implement an AWESOME Video with your AMAZING video marketing strategy!!
Food for Thought
- Show Authenticity
- Authenticity is key to connecting with your audience. Be genuine, relatable, and let your personality shine through. Avoid overly scripted or rehearsed content and embrace a natural, conversational tone.
- Include a mixture of still and moving frames
- Still frames can be used to highlight important information or create a pause for emphasis, while moving frames add dynamism and energy to your content. This combination keeps viewers engaged and adds variety to your video.
- Play with your camera angles
- Try capturing shots from unique perspectives such as low angles, bird’s eye view, or close-ups to make your content visually captivating.
- Use Visual Effects
- Visual effects like transitions, overlays, or text animations to add flair and polish to your video. However, use them judiciously, ensuring they complement the content rather than overpowering it.
- Incorporate B-Roll Footage
- B-roll footage refers to additional video clips that provide context, visual interest, or support to the main content. Integrate relevant B-roll footage to make your video more engaging and visually appealing.
Don’t have the time to shoot your video? We can do it for you!
Remember those leads and sales we talked about earlier?
SBIM offers professional video shooting and editing services, as well as specialised video marketing strategy and content plans! We can integrate your EPIC videos into your social media strategy and help your business optimise its social media presence. Driving more Opportunities, more Leads and more Sales (which is what everyone wants)!